Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My goal is already not sufficiently challenging anymore!

2010, year of all the challenges. I decided that, as I'm seriously thinking to build some kind of cloud, I would build one of around 100.000 servers. A challenging goal, isn't it? Well, at the time, I thought Google had 450.000 servers. Already lost a bit of sex appeal, isn't it? Though, it was yet a real challenge for ... a first step!

Well, after having read this, I have to admit it would be better to review my goal! Indeed Google probably owns more than 1.000.000 servers which is around 2% of all world servers. Gosh! My goal seems so ridiculous now!

What about having 1% of all world servers in let's say, 5-10 years! That's challenging, isn't it?

What a good S.M.A.R.T. goal! I've some doubt about the R meaning though ... hmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment